Thursday, November 5, 2009

Piggies

Leah's hair is finally long enough to put little pigtails in it. She actually looks like a girl now! Aren't those the most kissable cheeks you have ever seen? Shannon saw me get the camera out, so of course she wanted in on the action. They don't even look like sisters!
The other day I found Shannon in her room wearing this outfit. Whenever she finds any kind of stick she calls it a "shock" and uses it to direct music while she sings. This particular song is from the Shirley Temple movie, "Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm."
And just a few other funny things:
Yesterday I put Leah down for a nap. I walked by a few minutes later and saw her door open a crack, so I knew that Shannon had gone in there. I walked in and found Shannon sitting in the rocking chair holding her puppy, singing "Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam" to Leah. Here I was ready to be mad at her for bothering her sister, and she was trying to help her go to sleep. She loves her sister very much.
I was listening to Christmas music on Pandora the other day and I had the volume all the way up on the computer because I was in the other room cleaning. The music stopped, and I heard the sounds of the games on pbskids.org. I went in to the computer room and found Shannon playing games with her left hand over her left ear and her right shoulder shrugged up to her right ear because the volume was so loud. She makes me laugh every day!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm at work, so I can't watch the video, but I can see a picture of the outfit. Fantastic! It's good to let her "express herself" now while she's young so her expressions can be a bit more subtle when she's a teen. That's the thought, anyway.

Unknown said...

ps. I love the piggies!

Grandma said...

Love the song and the outfit. What a funny girl. I'm glad she loves Leah. May it continue through their growing up. I love the piggies too. Leah is a chub. LLL

Parkinson Family said...

Leah has fluffy cheeks like Rachel!! So cute.

heather said...

I love the piggies! Also love the singing! So cute.