Thursday, August 23, 2012

Fourth of July

We had a really fun Fourth this year.  It was very relaxed.  We just did some fireworks at our house and watched all of the ones our neighbors did as well.  Here are Shannon and Leah with their sparklers.
 Here they are with some fun sparkler swords we found.  They really enjoyed this.
In other news this summer, a friend of mine gave me all of her gooseberries this year because she had to go out of town and they were getting too ripe, so I made some leather and 10 jars of jam.  She also gave me these currants, and I had never seen currants before. They were beautiful! There weren't tons, so I just made juice out of them.
 The girls had a sleepover with their cousins, and they had a BLAST! The oldest one is all the way on the right under the blanket.  It took me a few minutes to figure out where she was.

No comments: