Thursday, October 2, 2008

Grape Juice

Yesterday I took my niece, Nickell, and met my sister, Jeny at our Aunt Julie's house to harvest her grapes. She has a fence with probably a good 50 yards of grape vines (mostly Concord), and this year's crop was one of the best I have seen! Here we are busy picking.
Nickell was pretty funny because the spider webs were creeping her out and she doesn't like to get her hands very dirty. It took us about 2 hours to pick them all, but I think we cleaned those vines pretty well.
I picked one and popped it into Shannon's mouth to see what she thought, and of course she loved them. She had her own little bucket and put a little bunch in it and carried it around, then went to pick flowers and look at the horses. She had a great time!

Here is our haul. I wish I could post a link to the wonderful smell. We juiced all day long at Jeny's house and got 21 quarts from 4 of the buckets. Not bad at all! While we steamed them we played Wii Fit. It was so fun and I am really sore today! Shannon and I were so exhausted by the time we got home last night that we both went right to bed and slept until 10:30 this morning.

6 comments:

Rebecca said...

Mmmmm...I love your grape juice.

Teresa said...

Shannon looks so pretty

iliana said...

Holy cow! Lots of grapes, I bet there good!

carrie said...

I LOVE homemade grape juice! It is so yummy and so good for you! That is so awesome that you got to go pick so many. MMM mmm!!

Lori said...

I can't believe you guys took all these pictures and there are no belly shots! Chicken!!!

Unknown said...

hey, yeah! why didn't we do the belly shot thing?