Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Baby Leah

I actually went into labor! I woke up this morning at about 7 feeling some pretty good contractions every ten minutes or so. I waited for a bit, then called the doctor to see if they wanted me to go to the hospital. They did, so we got here at about 1:00 and had a labor evaluation. I was dilated to 4 centimeters, so they decided to keep me. I got my epidural at 5:30 or so, started pushing around 7, and Leah was born at 7:33. She weighs only 6 pounds 9 ounces (4 ounces more than Shannon) and is almost 21 inches long. She is just as cute as can be, very well mannered so far, and eats like a champ! She has lots of brown hair (though her eyelashes look very light, so there is hope still that she will be a redhead). I will post more pictures when I get them, but for now I need to get some sleep.

15 comments:

Monica said...

Congratulations Holly! She's adorable. From your ex co-workers at mother baby.

Parkinson Family said...

Congrats!! Another cutie. I would like you to teach me how to go into labor on your own. That's amazing. I can't imagine what it would be like.

Teresa said...

Welcome Baby Leah! You are so beautiful! I can't wait to see a picture of you and your sister together. :)

Steffanie said...

Congratulations!! She's Beautiful!!!

heather said...

WHAT!! I can't believe she is alreay here! Congratulations Holly and Matt! I just think she is cute and can't wait for more pictures of Leah!

Valerie said...

congrats!!! she's so cute!!!

iliana said...

Congrats Holly, She's so cute!

carrie @ the boonie life said...

Yay! Congratulations Holly, Matt and Shannon! How exciting! She is so tiny. Hope your recovery is a quick one.

Laurel said...

Wow! Congrats, guys! :)

Ryan and Brandy said...

She is beautiful!!! We have four and you would think we would get one red-head...they all started with hints of red but after the first haircut we ended up with four blonds.
I bet her sister is just in heaven.

Lori said...

I wish I could have been there the first time Shannon saw her. I'll bet she's in love! Congratulations to La Familia Emerson!

bryceandjamie said...

Yea! Congrats! She is adorable!

Abbie said...

Congratulations Emerson family!! She is adorable :)

Krystal said...

SO CUTE! We are super excited for you guys. Shannon will be an awesome big sister. Sleep while you can girl!

Candice said...

Yeah! I"m so glad she is made it here healthy! What a miracle birth is. Sounds like you had a good and fast labor! You're lucky! She is so beautiful and it looks like Shannon is going to be a loving big sister!
Congrats! I"m so happy for you!