Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Our Christmas


I am just a little behind on the posts, but at least I have a good excuse! One of our Christmas traditions is to make "gingerbread" houses out of graham crackers. Shannon, of course, enjoyed eating the candy and frosting than anything else, but with the help of her Aunt Jeny she made a cute little house.Here are the finished products. My niece and nephew did the really fancy ones on the left. Mine is the boring one with the tree next to Shannon's, and Jeny's had a palm tree complete with sunbathers under it.Shannon helping me roll out the traditional Christmas Danish pastry wreath.
Shannon finding her stocking on Christmas morning. We ended up getting snowed-in on Christmas, and if you look carefully you can see all of the snow stuck to the window in this picture. I wish I had taken a picture of the 4 foot drift we had on our porch. It was great!Shannon got very excited over her kitty coloring book. As you can see by her face, she had already gotten into her stocking. She was very funny.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

They do get excited over the simplest things, don't they! Mine got excited over new slippers. Why even bother with the new (to her)car? I love her chocolatey face!

Grandma said...

How cute. I'm glad you posted more of Leah. I c an't believe how she has changed. Love you all.