Friday, February 12, 2010

Reading

When I read books to Shannon I usually read the front cover, including the name of the author (for example, Go Dog, Go, by P.D. Eastman). Shannon has picked up this habit as well, but makes things up since she can't really read yet. Today she discovered the new Children's Songbook that we just got (since Matt and I teach primary now and our knowledge of the songs is abysmal). She sat down on my lap, opened it to the title page, and said, "I am a Child of God, by C.D. Player."
P.S. She listens to the Children's Songbook every night on a CD player, so I thought it was particularly funny.

6 comments:

Ryan and Brandy said...

too fun. i love kids.

Aaron Blair said...

I love C.D. Players books!!!

heather said...

That is so funny.
So, is there a newer version of the Children's Song book? I got mine a couple of years ago. You think I would know this cause I'm in the primary too.

Teresa said...

haha! that makes me smile :)

Grandma said...

Very good Shannon. She is a hoot.

Tricia Lauritzen said...

Classic. CD Player books are the best! She'll have to read my one in July