Sunday, May 2, 2010

Alice in Wonderland

This is the first book I ever received. I can't tell you how many times I read it and how much I loved it. I spent a great deal of my childhood in Wonderland and I cherish those memories. When my family took a vacation to Disneyland when I was 7 everyone wanted to ride the Matterhorn, but I was too scared. My mom took me to the Alice in Wonderland ride instead, and I still remember it.
Last night Matt and I went to see the Tim Burton movie, "Alice in Wonderland," and I have to tell you, I absolutely loved it. I was very skeptical going into it because I have never before enjoyed a Tim Burton film, but his weirdness and Lewis Carroll's weirdness fit together perfectly! The characters were just as I remember them and the story (a kind of sequel to the well-known story) was very entertaining. Rarely do I rave about a movie, but this one has to be one of my new favorites. It took me right back to my childhood and wrapped me up in good memories.

1 comment:

Ryan and Brandy said...

Good to hear from someone who has seen it. I was wondering if I should actually pay to go and see it.