Sunday, January 15, 2012

Christmas!!

Christmas couldn't have been more perfect.  Since we have to be so germaphobic this year, we missed out on the Gingerbread Festival, the Zoo Lights, the Messiah sing along, the lights at Temple Square, and we had to limit the visitors as well, but I can honestly say I didn't really miss any of those things, because we had this:
The real Santa Baby!
We got to see the girls' faces light up when they both got the princess dresses they asked Santa for.  Naturally, they had to put them on immediately.  Shannon is Princess Tiana from "The Princess and the Frog," and Leah is Rapunzel.
Here is Leah dancing with her Rapunzel hair and Shannon playing with Leah's new doll.  Believe it or not, this is after I had cleaned up a bit!
The boy, enjoying his chair and watching all the excitement. We got this outfit from a neighbor and I just love the little red pants!
Christmas morning!  I love how they look just completely overwhelmed.
Another thing that I just didn't get to this year was having the girls do a play.  That is, they didn't memorize anything.  Fortunately, they are always willing to perform, so when I told them that I wanted to see them sing a song together, they were very willing to oblige.  Christopher even sang along!
The kids got "A Charlie Brown Christmas" book, the movie of which I think we've watched 100 times this season. I am not exaggerating when I tell you that Leah sat in this spot for a solid hour and pushed the same button over and over again, singing along each time.  She REALLY likes this book!

No comments: