Monday, April 14, 2008

Baby Shower

This weekend was a blast! On Friday night I took Shannon and we went to my sister, Jeny's house to spend the night. One of my other sisters, Mindy, drove down from Pocatello, Idaho, so we stayed up until 2:00 talking. On Saturday morning we went to my niece, Nickell's, baby shower. She has been waiting a long time to have a baby, so it is really exciting. All of my aunts came, and some of my niece's friends that I hadn't seen in years, so it was a really fun party. One of the highlights was the waffle bar. The waffles were made from a special recipe that includes yeast, but that's all I know so far. I hope to get the recipe from Nickell soon, because they really were as good as they were made out to be. We ate and talked, Nickell opened her presents, then we talked some more. Afterwords we took yet another of my sisters, Kristi, back to Jeny's and we sat outside to enjoy the warm weather. Shannon discovered the sand box in Jeny's yard, and she was busy for hours. Too bad we live in an apartment, or I could make her one! I really enjoy spending time with my sisters. I wish they all lived closer so that we could get together more often.

2 comments:

Teresa said...

that sounds like so much fun! It's nice to live close to family so you can spend time together.

heather said...

how fun! I'm glad that you got to spend time with the family. Holly, I just love ya, just random thought as I was commenting...:)