Monday, February 2, 2009

Poppa

Shannon and I were watching "Pete's Dragon" this morning (what's new?) and when Lampie (played by Mickey Rooney) came on screen she said, "Look! Poppa!" Poppa is what she calls her Grandpa Emerson. As you can see, he does slightly resemble Lampie. I just thought that was pretty amusing.
I really wanted to post a picture of my chocolate cheesecake that I made from the recipe in my new Lion House cookbook, but my camera seems to have died. I put fresh batteries in it and it still says "low battery" and doesn't do anything. I have always hated the camera anyway, since by the time it finally takes a picture the moment has long passed, and it doesn't record sound with videos. So, it looks like we may be getting a new camera with our tax return this year. Any suggestions? Keep in mind we are modest and simple people, so I don't see us spending any more than $150-$200, but I would like one that actually records sound this time.

10 comments:

Lauritzen Family Blog said...

I suggest the Canon Powershot. It's a good little camera. You can find it on Amazon for under $200. I am not sure if it does video, but it takes good pictures. 8mp I believe.

Lauritzen Family Blog said...

Just kidding 10 mp. It also has image stabilizer. That way even if you get bumped a little bit the picture won't be blurry!!!

Parkinson Family said...

I have the Canon Powershot. It's a pretty good camera, but if you want one that shoots the second you push the button, you'd be paying big bucks. Don't expect that from the powershot or any other budget camera. Here's Consumer Report's top four camera's under $200:
Samsung L210-$150
Pentax Optio V20-$170
Canon Powershot A590 IS-$160
Canon Powershot A470-$120

Lauritzen Family Blog said...

It's true. You're not going to get the second you press the button. I can't even use cameras like that anymore because they drive me crazy. I have to have the instant picture.

Teresa said...

I dont quite remember how much I paid for my last camera, but it is, simply put, AMAZING. It is a Canon Powershot S5IS. It takes video with sound, the picture quality is amazing, it i quick, and it has a flip out screen. I have never had a problem with it and am always pleased with the pictures. I think they have an upgraded model of it now. I would definitely recommend rechargable batteries though because it eats them.

Holly Emerson said...

That is awesome! But it's also $430. Sad.

iliana said...

I love Petes dragon, I havent seen that forever.

Teresa said...

Oh my! I didnt know it was that much. Sorry. Go with canon though. Ive owned 3 and all of them are stellar... thats right I said stellar :)

Unknown said...

Stellar. Great word! Tara would be proud to have you in her club - the club of words people don't use anymore. I never noticed how much he looks like Mickey Rooney. Funny!

carrie @ the boonie life said...

Holy cow! That doesn't just SLIGHTLY resemble Mr. Mickey, I totally thought it WAS him! That's crazy! I love Pete's Dragaon...haven't seen it in forevers.
We really like our camera. It's a Canon PowerShot SX100 IS. It looks like many of your commenters also like Canons and the PowerShot. We bought ours through Amazon as well and I think it was around $200.