Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Another Room Finished!

I finally finished the den! Here is what it looked like before:And after: This room was a lot of trouble because the walls and ceiling had been repaired so many times they looked like a patchwork quilt. That means that after we painted, the edge looked like someone drunk had painted it. I thought a good solution would be to put up a crown moulding. Well, I cheated. I actually bought baseboard because it was much cheaper. I just turned it upside down. I coped the corner joints and after mudding, caulking, and painting, here is the result:
It looks SO much better. I think we have doors for this closet in the garage, but Matt doesn't want them put on right now. There is a TV in the closet that will eventually get put on some kind of stand, but I think that's all we need and this room will be completely finished. Here is what we did: Removed 6 shelf brackets and a TV wall mount bracket, spackled lots of holes, painted walls and trim, replaced carpet, replaced window, added new blinds, and put up moulding.

5 comments:

Parkinson Family said...

I love how you say "we". Wish I could get some help on my projects. You guys like dark paint colors, don't you? It really does look great and the baseboard is a great idea for crown moulding!!

Grandma said...

It looks great. Amazing what you can do with a little imagination.

heather said...

The room looks great! I do love how you got creative and used basboard for the crown moulding! Awesome.

Ryan and Brandy said...

We did the baseboard molding too. Actually, I think Ryan said it was for the door. Anyway, it worked the same way. We used it as a chair-rail as well. It gave the same effect and it looks great. I love the dark colors.

Lori said...

Nicely done! Where does your energy come from? I'm still working on Nico's room - yes, the same room I've been working on for over 8 months. Not getting much done. Ah well.